Self Introduction Letter(Updated 23 Nov)

Dear Professor Brad,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to introduce myself as a student in your Critical Thinking class this semester. I am excited about the opportunity to learn from your expertise in this field and I'd like to share you something about myself.

I just graduated from Singapore Polytechnic this year as a mechanical engineering student. I am good at math and physics and I always have a great interest in engineering. Besides, I also enjoy the process of solving engineering problems in real life using own desgin ideas and technical skills. I was extremly satisfied when I was able to design a multifunctional spindle assemble trolley as my own project during my internship in poly to make it useful and helpful to the company.

However, there are always many challenges in my life. As an international student, it sometimes takes me longer time to adapt to a new language and cultural environment. I regretted not joining any CCA or participate many activities in poly days. I spent too much time focusing on academic grades and became afraid of openning my heart to others. Now I find out that communication is the best way for people to understand each other. I believe that it is not too late to change my autitude and improve my communication skills.

I am still not sure about what my goal can be like for this module. But I want to start from making some new friends and enjoying the time working together with teammates for the same purpose. I hope that the knowledges and communication skills I gain from this module can be implemented in my daily life and makes me become more confident. I desire to be brave enough to speak to the public to share my thoughs and stories one day in the future.

Thank you for considering this introduction, and I am excited to begin my journey of exploration and learning with my fantastic classmates in this Critical Thinking course.

Best regards,

Haowen


Feedbacked on:

Carl, Keris, Kai Fong

Comments

  1. great letter but I think it is "share with you" instead of "share you" also the part on "i was regret" to
    "i regretted not joining"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Haowen, after reading your email, I've noticed some punctuation and grammatical errors. For instance, when you mentioned, "I'd like to share you something about myself," it would be more accurate to say, "I'd like to share something about myself with you." Overall, I believe it's commendable that you've expressed your desire to enhance your communication skills and even contemplate sharing your thoughts and stories publicly in the future. This reflects ambition and a strong willingness to learn and grow. However, I suggest that you refine your goal for this module by specifying the particular communication skills you aim to improve, such as public speaking, writing, or critical thinking. This will provide clarity and actionable steps toward achieving your goal. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Haowen,'

    Thank you for this well crafted letter, one in which you do actually "ópen your heart.' In it you provide lots of relevant information that leads us readers to having a better understanding of who you are. Thanks to your post, I can sympathise with your situation and also imagine some of the hardships you have faced since I too am a foreigner.

    As for your hesitation to speak more, I'd advise you to take every opportunity given in the module to do just that. Since we will be starting our group project this coming week, you will have a chance to meet and become comfortable with even more claassmates. Embrace the chance for more connections!

    Generally, your letter is well articulated. Here are a couple minor issues to resolve:

    1. overuse of caps
    -- enrolled in your Critical Thinking course ? >

    2. sentence structure
    -- I am good at math and physics, this may become the most possible reason why I always have great interest in engineering. > (comma splice)

    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for your comment and suggestions! I will try my best to improve myself.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reader Response Draft 1

Reader Response Draft 4